With more than 100 model homes open for touring throughout Houston, showcase events like the one The Johnson Development Corp. is hosting through April don’t get much bigger.
Dubbed last year as “Houston’s Largest Home Tour,” the event has grown for its second annual launch to include nine top area master-planned communities, more than 100 model homes and more than 300 move-in ready homes in nearly every price range. Homes are open 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturdays and noon to 6 p.m. Sundays. Admission is free.
“This year is even more impressive as we add to our array of housing styles in the area’s most popular master-planned communities,” said Doug Goff, chief operating officer of The Johnson Development Corp. “The tour also showcases homes ready now, perfect for people wanting to move quickly.”
Houston-area developments participating in the tour include:
- Cross Creek Ranch, a 3,200-acre community in Fulshear, just minutes west of the Grand Parkway off of FM 1093. Among the region’s 10 top-selling communities, Cross Creek Ranch is also ranked No. 13 on the list of the nation’s top-selling master-planned communities.
- Fall Creek, a 2,300-acre development in northeast Houston just inside Beltway 8. Fall Creek surrounds the acclaimed Golf Club of Houston, home of the Shell Houston Open. Fall Creek is among Houston’s 10 top-selling developments.
- Harmony, a 1,000-acre community in north Houston just five miles east of Interstate 45 near the new ExxonMobil campus. Harmony also is near the Spring Creek Greenway, a 12,000-acre nature preserve for hiking, biking, fishing and bird watching. Harmony is a quick drive to some of Montgomery County’s most popular retail and dining options.
- Imperial, a 700-acre development surrounding the historic Imperial Sugar Company refinery in Sugar Land. The mixed-use development will incorporate retail, residential, entertainment and office components to create a premier live-work-play community. Its first residential neighborhoods include patio homes and one- and two-story townhomes.
- Riverstone, a 3,700-acre project in Fort Bend County just minutes from U.S. 59 and the Fort Bend Parkway. Riverstone is Johnson Development’s top-selling community, ranked No. 2 in Houston and No. 6 in the nation. Opening in the development this summer is The Club at Riverstone, a 17-acre recreation center and water park.
- Sienna Plantation, a 10,000-acre development located along Highway 6 in Fort Bend County. With homes nestled in a forest of pecan and oak trees, Sienna also is home to three water parks and five on-site Fort Bend schools. The nearby Fort Bend Parkway offers quick access to the Texas Medical Center and downtown. It is Houston’s No. 7 top-selling community and is ranked No. 17 in the nation.
- Tuscan Lakes, an 870-acre community in League City on State Highway 96 just two miles west of Interstate 45. This Tuscan-themed development is minutes from the Johnson Space Center and the Kemah Boardwalk.
- Willow Creek Farms, a 600-acre community just south of Interstate 10 and west of Katy in Brookshire. More than 1,100 families will call Willow Creek Farms home, enjoying trails, a full Olympic-size pool, recreation center, splash pad and Katy schools.
- Woodforest, a 3,000-acre development seven miles west of Interstate 45 in South Montgomery County. Listed No. 6 among Houston’s top-selling communities and one of the 20 best-selling developments in the nation, Woodforest is minutes from some of Houston’s most exciting shopping and entertainment destinations.
Tour maps are available at www.johnsondevelopment.com.