The low number of active single-family home listings in December was yet another reflection of the record-setting pace of home-buying in Houston leading up to the holidays.
Active listings fell 18.4% from December 2020, with 12,339 properties in the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) compared to 15,118 the previous year.
Among the homes removed from the Houston market in December was a 9,212-square-foot single-family home in the Hunters Creek subdivision. The agent who sold the property, listed for $5,750,000, was Laura Sweeney of Compass RE Texas, according to the Houston Association of REALTORS® Multiple Listing Service.
Ten Houston agents helped clients purchase the 10 most expensive homes in December. Congratulations to the following agents:
• Laura Sweeney, Compass RE Texas, 881 Country Ln., list price $5,750,000.
• Martha Adger, Martha Turner Sotheby’s, 11 Willowend Dr., list price $4,850,000.
• Margaret Vinson, Martha Turner Sotheby’s, 8729 Memorial Dr., list price $4,880,000.
• Susan Brock, Brock & Foster Real Estate, 11 Gage Ct., list price $4,750,000.
• Gordana Vickers, Compass RE Texas, 257 Mayerling Dr., list price $4,245,000.
• Gigi Huang, Douglas Elliman Real Estate, 23 W. Rivercrest Dr., list price $4,500,000.
• Walter Bering, Martha Turner Sotheby’s, 5401 Doliver Dr., list price $4,200,000.
• Pama Abercrombie, Greenwood King Properties, 8854 Stable Ln., list price $4,100,000.
• Lily Jang, Keller Williams Realty, 614 Pinehaven Dr., list price $3,899,000.
• David Houston, New Leaf Real Estate, 707 E. Friar Tuck Ln., list price $3,950,000.