The Woodlands Township continues to make steps toward incorporation as it considers whether it could include zoning for the area if The Woodlands became a city. According to Community Impact Newspaper, incorporated cities use local ordinances to create zoning requirements while the township uses covenants to enforce standards more similar to a homeowners association.
If the township votes to incorporate The Woodlands, it would be a general law city, which has limited powers under the state legislature. But if voters approve a charter to become a home rule city, then it can adopt zoning ordinances.
In other Houston real estate news:
- Ivan Arjona, Ricardo Gonzalez and Luz Elena Jaramillio of RE/MAX The Woodlands & Spring have been honored by the National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals (NAHREP) for being among the Top 250 Latino agents in the United States. Candidates were ranked in a number of categories including transactions, agents by team, distribution by regions and more.
- Pulte and Friendswood Development Co. announced that it will be building a 175-acre community at Katy Crossing. More than 600 homes will be built by Lennar and Pulte Homes starting in the $190,000s to meet the demand for entry-level homes in that area, according to Realty News Reports. Model home openings are planned for January 2019.
- Wade Jurney Homes and Century Communities have purchased land in Livingston to build homes. The exact number of home sites was not included, but construction will begin immediately on homes priced from $100,000 to $154,000.
- The Signorelli Co. broke ground on its latest development in New Caney. The 21.5-acre apartment project will be the first within Town Center and is part of the company’s 1,400-acre Valley Ranch master-planned community. Signorelli will start construction on the next phase by mid-2019 to create 456 new units, the Houston Business Journal reports.
- Valcap Group LLC purchased 1,331 multi-family units in the Westchase District of Houston. This includes the Westchase Estates, Westchase Grand and Westchase Preserve communities.