Residential real estate management consulting and research firm T3 Sixty has released its annual list of real estate’s most powerful and influential leaders and executives.
The Swanepoel Power 200 ranks leaders from all sectors of the residential real estate industry based on three months of research and more than 400 hours of analysis.
Zillow Group Co-Founder and CEO Richard Barton took the No. 1 spot for the second year in a row, recognized in part for the company’s resilient COVID-19 response.
The 10 most powerful people in real estate in 2021 include:
- Richard Barton, Zillow Group co-founder and CEO
- Gary Keller, Keller Williams Realty co-founder and KWx executive chairman.
- Ryan Schneider, Realogy Holdings Corp. president and CEO
- Gino Blefari, HomeServices of America CEO and Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices chairman
- Glenn Sanford, eXp World Holdings founder and CEO
- Glenn Kelman, Redfin president and CEO
- Robert Reffkin/Ori Allen, Compass co-founders
- Bob Goldberg, National Association of Realtors CEO
- Adam Contos, RE/MAX CEO
- Eric Wu, Opendoor co-founder and CEO
The SP 200 includes 44 powerful and influential female leaders. The four highest ranked women are:
- Helen Hanna Casey, Hanna Holdings CEO
- Sue Yannaccone, the new Realogy Franchise Group President and CEO
- Jill Wood, one of the managing principals of Windermere Real Estate
- Sherry Chris, CEO of Realogy Expansion Brands (includes ERA Real Estate and Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate)
In the world of organized real estate, which includes Realtor associations and MLS organizations – NAR CEO Bob Goldberg retained his top position for the third successive year.
Houston Association of Realtors CEO Bob Hale landed the No. 2 spot on that list, while Texas Association of Realtors CEO Travis Kessler landed the No. 14 spot.
“Many executives work hard every day to manage their companies,” said T3 Sixty Chairman and CEO Stefan Swanepoel in a press release. “The ones included in the annual SP 200 this year are the leaders that stood out during 2020 as the most influential and impactful in the industry. While we honor them with their inclusion on the SP 200 for 2021, we also acknowledge the tens of thousands of other leaders that also stood up and made a difference when the industry needed them. We salute you all.”
Headshots and badge courtesy of Swanepoel’s 2021 report.