The Texas Association of Realtors has named Shadrick Bogany, Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Gary Greene – Post Oak Park, as 2020 Texas Realtor of the Year.
Bogany was recognized for outstanding service at the association’s Winter Meeting in mid-February. Texas Realtors noted that Bogany has served in a number of leadership roles in the organization. In 2013, Bogany was chairman of Texas Realtors, and he was chairman of the Houston Association of Realtors in 2002.
“Last year was an unprecedented year in Texas real estate,” Marvin Jolly, chairman of Texas Realtors, said in a press release. “This past year, Realtors in the Lone Star State went above and beyond to support their communities, elevate our industry and impact the lives of their clients. These awards are a testament to the resiliency of Realtors, particularly during these challenging times.”
Other award recipients include:
- Tom D. Morton Association Executive of the Year — Connie Coots, CEO of the Odessa Board of Realtors
- Texas Realtor Good Neighbor Award — Sydney Ealy of Houston
- Educator of the Year — Candace (Candy) Cooke, a senior instructor for Real Property Counselors
- William C. Jennings Award — Alison Blalock, WestMark Commercial/TNC Worldwide
- Mark Lehman Governmental Affairs Achievement Award — The Austin Board of Realtors
- Texas Realtors Grassroots Advocate of the Year — Lee Overstreet, Granbury Association of Realtors
- The Education Program of the Year — MetroTex Association of Realtors in the legal category; MetroTex Association of Realtors in the series or short program category; Houston Association of Realtors in the marketing category; Houston Association of Realtors in the innovation category.