Sugar Land renters pay more for rent than any other city in the Houston metro area, according to the latest Zumper Houston Metro Area Report.
Last month, the median price for a one-bedroom rental in Texas was $1,114. According to the report, the average monthly cost of a one-bedroom rental in Sugar Land was $1,250.
The report analyzed active listings across nine Houston metro cities in May to show the most and least expensive cities with the fastest-growing rents. Here are the findings:
- Sugar Land was the most expensive city, with one-bedrooms priced at $1,250.
- Houston and Pearland were tied for second, with rents priced at $1,200.
- Spring was the next priciest, with rent priced at $1,180.
- Pasadena was the most affordability city, with one-bedrooms priced at $850.
- Galveston was the second-most affordable city, with rent priced at $980.
- Conroe was third, with rent priced at $1,090.
Fastest-growing year over year
- Baytown had the fastest-growing rent, up 35.3% from May 2021.
- League City saw rent climb 22.8%.
- Houston’s rent prices increased 15.4%.
Fastest-growing month over month
- Baytown had the most significant monthly rental growth rate, up 4.5%.
- Conroe ranked second, with rent climbing 0.9%.