John Smaby was installed as 2019 president of NAR during the 2018 Realtors Conference & Expo.
Smaby was the 2018 president-elect and the 2017 first vice president. Smaby has also held numerous positions nationally and with Minnesota Realtors, where he served as the president in 2015, as well as the treasurer in 2013.
“We look forward to working alongside John and the entire 2019 NAR leadership team to accomplish all of these goals as we enter into the 116th Congress,” Shannon McGahn, senior vice president of government affairs, said in a press release.
The other members of NAR’s 2019 leadership team include:
- President-elect: Vince Malta (CEO and broker, Malta & Co; San Francisco, California)
- First vice president: Charlie Oppler (CEO, Prominent Properties Sotheby’s International Realty in Tenafly; Tenafly, New Jersey)
- Treasurer: John Flor (managing broker, Six Lakes Realty; Chetek, Wisconsin).
- Vice president: Brian Copeland (founder, Doorbell Real Estate; Nashville, Tennessee)
- Vice president, advocacy: Tracy Kasper (broker owner, Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Silverhawk Realty; Caldwell, Idaho)
- Immediate past president: Elizabeth Mendenhall (CEO, RE/MAX Boone Realty; Columbia, Missouri)