Houston real estate professionals looking to network and find support need look no further than the Houston Association of Realtor’s Young Professionals Network, dedicated to helping young real estate professionals advance their careers through education and community involvement.
According to YPN president Ricardo Gonzalez, it can be life changing. “When I first started, I got a chance to network with successful real estate agents, and it really helped me feel more secure,” he said. “It made me a better Realtor, but also a better person.”
Through his involvement with YPN, Gonzalez, broker-owner of Realty World Memorial, helped rebuild a Houston family’s home that had been damaged by Hurricane Harvey. “It was amazing to be able to help someone change their life,” said Gonzalez, who was among HAR’s Top 20 under 40 Rising Stars in Real Estate in 2017.
Looking ahead to 2020, Gonzalez said one of the organization’s goals is to increase engagement – not just within YPN, but within the entire community. “We know that millennials will have a big impact on our industry. … We want to get to know them better and understand what their buying and selling needs are,” he said. “We do a ton of networking within our industry. It’s time we network with our community in order to become true partners.”
Educating agents is another priority for Gonzalez. “One thing is clear and that’s that our industry is changing, and we want to be at the forefront of that change,” he said.
Here are a few things YPN has planned for 2020:
- Economic Forecast 2020. Planned for Jan. 7 at the Norris Conference Center, Stewart Title Guaranty Chief Economist Ted C. Jones will provide insight about what’s in store for the economy and real estate industry in 2020.
- Spring Training 2020. From the power hitters’ mixer to the event’s baseball-themed ‘three innings of heavy hitters, Spring Training 2020 offers a fast-paced format of coaching on a variety of topics led by industry experts.
- 20 Under 40 Rising Stars in Real Estate. This red carpet-style event, held in October, features celebrity real estate guest speakers like Million Dollar Listing’s Mauricio Umansky and honors Houston’s high achievers under age 40.
- Masters Classes?. An opportunity to learn from the experts, Masters Class brings real estate superstars from across the country to share their insight and knowledge with Houston’s YPNers.
- Elementary school Christmas sponsor. Whether they’re dressing up as Santa or buying gifts for kids who’ve never received a Christmas present before, Gonzalez says this is one of YPN’s most fulfilling events. “Even the teachers were crying,” he said.
- Rebuild Houston. This outreach initiative allows members to get involved in the community in a hands-on way by restoring homes affected by Hurricane Harvey and offering help to low-income homeowners whose properties need a little extra love.