According to the Houston Association of Realtors (HAR) July 2021 Market Update, single-family homes sales were down 6.1% compared to last July, with 10,159 units sold versus the historic 10,822 that sold a year earlier. However, when compared to July 2019 — an average month of home sales with volume totaling 8,921 — the Houston housing market was up 13.9%. On a year-to-date basis, local home sales currently exceed 2020’s record pace by 19.1%.
Once again, homes priced from $750,000 and above led the way in sales volume with a 36.7% year-over-year increase. Most of the homes are located in River Oaks, Memorial Villages and The Woodlands.
The most expensive sold was a newly built 10,340-square-foot home at 3024 Del Monte Dr. in River Oaks. While not the largest home on the Top 10 List, the estate has formal proportions and classic-meets-modern design. The stately home was constructed by Fifty Seventh + 7th, the Signature Division of Carnegie Homes.
The agent that sold the home, listed at $9,500,000, was Jay Monroe of Sotheby’s International Realty in Houston. “It’s not about selling one house; it’s about building relationships,” said Monroe.
Here is the Top 10 List for July. Congratulations to the following agents:
- Jay Monroe, Martha Turner Sotheby’s, 3024 Del Monte Drive, list price $9,500,000
- Susan McCauley, Bernstein Realty, 2158 Brentwood Drive, list price $5,785,000
- Sissy Lappin, Lappin Properties, 406 Flintdale Road, list price $5,750,000
- Rachel Conkling, Compass RE Texas, 11230 Hermosa Court, list price $4,795,000
- Lisa Baer, Martha Turner Sotheby’s, 1512 South Boulevard, list price $4,350,000
- Kris Holt, Greenwood King Properties, 4001 Ella Lee Lane, list price $3,950,000
- Anastasia Gaido, Nan & Company Properties, 35 Cape Harbour Place, list price $3,750,000
- Diane Kink, Keller Williams Realty, 31 Fazio Way, list price $3,750,000
- Vincent Biondillo, Norhill Realty, 5322 Lynbrook Drive, list price $3,600,000
- Brian Schweiker, RE/MAX The Woodlands & Spring, 2 Electra Circle, list price $3,600,000