Every week, we ask a real estate professional for their Short List, a collection of tips and recommendations on an essential topic in real estate. This week, we spoke with Megan Ray, Realtor associate with Martha Turner Sotheby’s International Realty, who shared her top ways for explaining your value to a client.
5. Agents know the market. We see active and sold inventory throughout the day, every day. We know economic growth, housing statistics, corporate relocations and the latest developments occurring in our city.
4. Agents have information at their fingertips. Sales prices, foreclosures, pocket listings, houses coming on the market before they even hit the market – we have the insider’s scoop that the client does not have.
3. Agents are licensed and certified to be a professional in real estate sales. This license is not just given to any individual. It requires intense training, tests and annual continued education.
2. Agents know how to write contracts according to TREC guidelines. Therefore, your client is protected legally and ethically. There are frequent lawsuits that occur over real estate transactions. Clients need a professional to protect them from these situations.
1. Agents want to service their clients. We want our clients happy and will do almost anything to make this happen. Leave the stress, negotiating and communication up to the professional.
Megan Ray has been with Martha Turner’s for more than three years as a Realtor-associate. She’s a well-trained negotiator and is committed to maintaining an up-to-the-minute, targeted knowledge of the Houston real estate market.