Every week, we ask a real estate professional for their Short List, a collection of tips and recommendations on an essential topic in real estate. This week, we talked with Gino Blefari, the CEO of HSF Affiliates LLC, about the five ways to boost your productivity in 2016.
While at the recent HSF Affiliates LLC headquarters in Irvine, I met with my team to discuss motivation and inspiration, reflecting on our past year and looking forward to a year of growth and prosperity ahead.
Stephen R. Covey, author of “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People,” once said, “The best way to predict your future is to create it.” If you haven’t done so already, now is the time to think and plan out how to have a breakthrough 2016. To get you started, here are some ways to increase productivity and success in the New Year:
5. Fill up your January calendar now; set as many appointments as you can. This way, as January starts to take shape, you won’t be waiting for business to pick back up.
4. Call everyone in your circle of influence and wish them happy holidays. You can use the F.O.R.D. method and ask them about their family, occupation, recreation and dreams to stir conversation.
3. Host a client appreciation cocktail reception. Be sure to interact with all your invited guests and let them know you’re grateful for their business.
2. Invite VIP contacts to events you’re already hosting or attending.
1. Send a personalized holiday card with an enclosed gift certificate to a local store.
So, what’s the message? No matter what you do this month, the key is to keep it personal and rooted in holiday cheer. Don’t make your efforts overly promotional or agenda driven. Your goal in 2016 should be to show your customers, clients, friends and family just how much you care.