Having trouble keeping up to date on all of Houston’s top real estate news? Some of this week’s top stories include Joe Zimmerman and his recent mayoral victory, and Brexit’s effect on the city’s economy.
In case you missed it, here is a recap of this week’s top stories:
- Housing costs rising in Houston- The increase in rental demand is creating a stronger housing market, butit’s having an adverse effect on housing affordability. The Houston Chronicle has the full story.
- Local developer to implement electronic locker systems- With online shopping services such as Amazon taking center stage, apartment managers have struggled to keep pace with the myriad of packages. Paul Takahashi of Houston Business Journal believes there may be a solution on the way.
- Brexit could add pressure to already shaky Houston economy- The United Kingdom and its potential exit from the European Union has sent shockwaves across the world, affecting even the most unpredictable of places. Read how it may impact the Houston economy.
- Houston areas among best for families in state- Houston has steadily been establishing itself as a great place to raise a family. The Houston Business Journal listed some of the city’s best places for familial living.
- Zimmerman strives to be tough but fair as city’s next mayor- Recently elected Joe Zimmerman has a lot on his plate, however he is ready for the challenge reports the Sugar Land Sun.