Primary Luxury Auctions is putting another mansion in the Woodlands up for auction. According to the company, the $6.75 million mansion will be sold without a reserve on Saturday, August 18. The mansion, located on 1.5 acres of land in the Carlton Woods area of The Woodlands, was built in 2016 with five bedrooms (with a room that could be a sixth), eight full bathrooms, two half bathrooms, a two-car garage, outdoor infinity pool and various other amenities. Seeing a luxury mansion sold in auction became a common situation in the Houston area since the decline in the oil industry, according to the Houston Business Journal.
In other real estate news:
- Kiesha Curtis received the Community Leader Award at Taylor Morrisons 2018 Leaders in Real Estate Summit in Atlanta. Curtis, a Houston based real estate professional, was one of the three professionals recognized with the award, according to MENAFN. Curtis earned the award through her leadership in the Houston area after Hurricane Harvey. She helped victims register with FEMA in 2017, volunteered with WorkFaith Connection and worked with the Avenue Community Development Corporation and FEMA.
- Waterton acquired the Plantation apartment community in The Woodlands. The acquisition from the Chicago-based company took place through CBRE Global Investors, reported Rebusiness Online. The Plantation, which is about 30 miles outside of Houston, has 432 units with the option of one-, two-, or three-bedroom units for buyers. Other features of the community include a business center, fitness center, game room, playground and two pools.
- David Weekley Homes is selling homes for The Reserve at Silver Ranch. The Silver Ranch community, located in Katy, offers various plans that can include up to four bedrooms and three-car garages. According to the Houston Chronicle, David Weekley Homes features two lines in the community: the Cottage Series and Village Series. Homes begin around $250,000 and a model home is currently open for buyers.
- Madison Park Apartments was sold to TRI Consulting Group, TPEG and Next Investments. The 576 apartment unit in the Westchase District is on Meadowglen lane. The units range from 758 to 1,428 square feet and have one-, two- and three-bedroom units for buyers to choose from. Property units are already over 90 percent occupied.
- Hilltop Residential bought the Villas at Bunker, the mixed-use Houston apartment is about two miles from the Memorial City Mall. While nearly 90 percent of the 398 unit building is occupied, Bisnow reported the four-story building offers one-, two- and three-bedroom units, two swimming pools and other various amenities for residents.
- Chesmar Homes will offer single-family homes in Woodridge Forest. After a successful project in Porter, Chesmar will expand from solely offering townhomes in the Woodridge Forest area. According to a press release, a new model home for the project will be unveiled on August 11. Chesmar will offer nine floor plans starting at $219,990. The functional floor plans easily accommodate the needs of an array of buyers while maintaining the stylish finishes that have driven sales. “Add in Woodridge Forest’s great Kingwood-area location, numerous amenities and great schools, and you have a winning combination,” said Woodridge developer, Harry Masterson.